CTI has developed and implemented many environmental management systems for clients that strive to meet the International Organization for Standards (ISO) 14001: Standards for Environmental Management Systems. ISO 14001 is universally applicable to all types of organizations and assists in the achievement of environmental objectives, enhancement of environmental performance, and fulfillment of compliance obligations.
Our services in this regard include initial plan development, training and recordkeeping support, and the use of our certified internal auditors on staff to ensure that ISO 14001 certification can be attained and maintained through subsequent surveillance audits.
Specifically, CTI offers the following:
- Assist the facility in developing the written programs, policies, and forms that will comprise the management system.
- These components identify environmental aspects and impacts, address risks and opportunities, resource allocation, employee awareness, and operational control and planning among many other key facility functions.
- These components must adhere to the requirements of ISO:14001, however there is a significant amount of freedom that allows for them to be prepared according to the preferences of the facility.
- Work with the facility’s staff to implement the management system.
- Allocation of responsibility is integral to maintaining an ISO:14001 certified EMS and task ownership ensures accountability for fulfillment of regulatory obligations.
- CTI can act as liaison between different departments at the facility to ensure that cohesion is achieved with respect to EMS responsibilities.
- Audit the facility’s management system and its implementation.
- If a facility has already implemented an EMS, CTI can conduct certified internal audits to prepare facilities for ISO Certification or to explore possible EMS improvements.
Please refer to the link below if you would like to learn more about the ISO 14001 Standards: https://www.epa.gov/ems/frequent-questions-about-environmental-managment-systems
Click below to explore the environmental consulting services that CTI offers for any aspect of air, land, and water protection and compliance.
Environmental Compliance Audits
Environmental Management Systems
ISO 14001 Consulting
Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments
SARA Title III – Tier II / Form R
Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
Industrial Stormwater Permitting
Wastewater Permitting and Compliance