The senior environmental engineer will provide consulting to industrial facilities on environmental projects. Focuses will include industrial storm water pollution prevention, spill prevention and air quality. Specifically, the job will include visiting industrial manufacturing facilities to observe operations and monitor how the operations impact the environment. Job duties will include the preparation of reports for submittal to the facilities and/or governmental agencies that document how the facility performs, providing recommendations for protecting human health and the environment, and quantifying data such as water discharges, potential spill volumes and air emissions. As a senior position, this job will include managing and providing quality assurance of the work prepared by other professionals with potential to become Environmental Department Manager.
- Manage and review work performed by other engineers and scientists.
- Visiting operating industrial facilities to gather data needed to prepare Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plans, and Site Drainage Maps.
- Analyze data and prepare water discharge permit applications for submittal to state and federal environmental agencies.
- Review air emission records and prepare routine compliance reports.
- Conduct routine inspections of client facilities and prepare reports that document the compliance status of the facility with state and federal environmental regulations.
- Conduct sampling of stormwater and process wastewater, and evaluate the results against regulatory limits. Assist clients to identify corrective actions to affect pollution reduction when needed.
- The job will involve approximately 30-40% travel, mostly in the Southeastern US.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Be a motivated self‐starter and self‐learner, very organized, have good logic, strong attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Have client focused attitude and willingness to understand client’s needs and add value.
- Have strong communication skills and willingness to interact with coworkers, clients, and regulators on a frequent basis.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office software.
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience in industrial / manufacturing environments
- Some knowledge of environmental and safety regulations
Seniority Level: Mid Level, 3-5 years experience
Industry: Environmental and Safety Consulting
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering and Compliance Assistance
To apply, please submit resumes, unofficial transcripts and any other documentation and/or questions to email@example.com.