The project engineer will provide consulting to industrial facilities on environmental and safety projects. Focuses will include industrial storm water and wastewater quality, air quality, spill prevention, and industrial safety. Specifically, the job will include visiting industrial manufacturing facilities to observe operations and monitor how the operations impact the environment and employee safety. Job duties will include the preparation of reports for submittal to the facilities and/or governmental agencies that document how the facility performs, providing recommendations for protecting human health and the environment, and quantifying data such as water discharges and air emissions. The job will include a wide variety of tasks that will expose the employee to the vast world of Environmental, Safety, and Health Compliance. The job will involve approximately 30-40% travel, mostly in the Southeastern US.
- Visiting operating industrial facilities to gather data needed to prepare Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plans, and Site Drainage Maps.
- Analyze data and prepare water discharge permit applications for submittal to state and federal environmental agencies.
- Conduct routine inspections of client facilities and prepare reports that document the compliance status of the facility with state and federal environmental and safety regulations.
- Conduct sampling of stormwater and process wastewater, and evaluate the results against regulatory limits. Assist clients to identify corrective actions to affect pollution reduction when needed.
- Prepare written safety programs and procedures for industrial facilities.
- The job will involve approximately 30-40% travel, mostly in the Southeastern US.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Be a motivated self‐starter and self‐learner, very organized, have good logic, strong attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Have client focused attitude and willingness to understand client’s needs and add value.
- Have strong communication skills and willingness to interact with coworkers, clients, and regulators on a frequent basis.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office software.
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance (with 50% spouse and family subsidy), long term disability insurance, medical deductible cost sharing, FSA, life insurance, paid vacation and 9 paid holidays, alternate work schedule options, and access to a matching retirement account after a specified period of employment.
To apply, please submit resumes, unofficial transcripts and any other documentation and/or questions to email@example.com
For more information about CTI or a career with us, including benefits and career development, visit conversiontechnology.com/careers