The air permitting engineer will provide consulting to industrial facilities on environmental projects. Focuses will include air quality permitting, emissions inventory, plume dispersion modeling, and other environmental regulatory topics. Specifically, the job will include visiting industrial manufacturing facilities to observe operations and monitor how the operations impact the environment. Job duties will include the preparation of compliance reports and permit applications for submittal to the facilities and/or governmental agencies that document how the facility performs.
- Analyze data and prepare air permit applications for submittal to state and federal environmental agencies. Applications will include SIP, Title V, and PSD applications.
- Calculate air emissions from industrial processes.
- Gather site specific emission data and enter into plume dispersion modeling software and evaluate the results against respective action levels.
- Prepare periodic compliance reports for submittal to federal and state environmental agencies.
- Assist clients in compliance with NSPS, NESHAP, and BACT requirements.
- The job will involve approximately 10-20% travel, mostly in the Southeastern US.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in preparing air permit applications.
- Be a motivated self‐starter and self‐learner, very organized, have good logic, strong attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Have client focused attitude and willingness to understand client’s needs and add value.
- Have strong communication skills and willingness to interact with coworkers, clients, and regulators on a frequent basis.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software.
To apply, please submit resumes and any other documentation and/or questions to email@example.com.